This is a recipe out of my fiancee’s book that I have loved. It is very simple and easy to do, and most of all – delicious!
No Bake Granola Bars
- 1 & 3/4 C rolled oats
- 1 C crisp puffed brown rice cereal
- 1/4 C pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 C sunflower seeds
- 1/4 C chia seeds
- 1/4 C unsweetened coconut
- 1/8 C finely ground flaxseed
Wet (use generous measurements):
- 1/2 C honey (or brown rice syrup)
- 1/3 C creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Add all the dry ingredients to a large bowl. Mix them together.
- In a separate (microwave safe) bowl, mix together the wet ingredients, then microwave them for about 20 to 30 seconds. This will make it easier to mix and add to the dry ingredients since it’s really sticky!
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix! Keep mixing until the wet binding ingredients are as well distributed as possible. Put some muscle into it! 😉
- Put the mixture into a shallow pan and flatten it down.
- Cut them into about 12 bars or roll them up into balls (they are probably a bit crumbly still, but don’t worry – the fridge will bind them!) and store them in the fridge. You can either just store them together in the big pan (covered with foil) or separately wrap them for easy grabbing and going!